Listas de Correo
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Museo - UNLP

[coccoliths] INA Winter Wishes

Juan Pablo Perez Panera perezpanera at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 12:21:32 -03 2023

Dear all, I´m sending this message on behalf of our President Emanuela:

Dear INA members,

This year our association was very active, with:

• the INASSET summer school, which was successfully organized by Giuliana
Villa and Davide Persico in Parma, with 21 attendees from 11 different
countries;

• the INA Journal was efficaciously relaunched thanks to the dynamism of
Denise Kulhanek and her editorial team. Two new numbers, 41-1 and 41-2,
containing original challenging papers are already published and available
online on the INA website;
• a DOI number was obtained for the INA Journal, thanks to Jeremy Young;
• the organization of the next INA19 in Llandudno, Conwy (North Wales) by
Simon Cole and Tamsin Lawrence (Petrostrat) and collaborators;

• a new social media officer joined us, Mica Chaumeil Rodriguez, with a
renewed energy.

Two prices were awarded this year by the INA Foundation, namely:

• Okada-MacIntyre Fellowships
<https://ina.tmsoc.org/ina/INAfoundation/index.htm>- the 2023 award winners
are Stefania Bianco, and Justin Padre;

• Katharina von Salis Fellowships
<https://ina.tmsoc.org/ina/INAfoundation/index.htm>- the 2023 award winners
are Solomon Avong, and Antonina Nosowska.

The INA also supported the workshop "Advances in Coccolithophore research"
held in Bergen in September and organized by Joost de Vries, Rosie Sheward,
Fanny Monteiro, Alex Poulton et al.

We still need to attract new members and to have good papers submitted to
the INA Journal.

Please, tell around you about INA!

Hope to see all of you in North Wales in early September for INA19 (
https://ina.tmsoc.org/).

Have a wonderful end of the year and a successful, enjoyable, peaceful New
Year 2024!

Emanuela

[image: image.png]

Dr. Juan Pablo Pérez Panera