Listas de Correo
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Museo - UNLP

[coccoliths] Spray mounter for preparing nannofossil samples

Denise Kulhanek kulhanek at iodp.tamu.edu
Sun Jan 10 16:17:49 ART 2016

Happy 2016 everyone!

I used the spraying technique to prepare samples during my PhD and now would like to use it again to prepare some clay-rich samples for SEM analysis. When I checked the Ernest Fullam website to order the EFFA Spray Mounter, I discovered that they have gone out of business. Ted Pella took over most of their line, but when I called, the sales rep told me that they do not carry the spray mounter and the technicians didn't know of anyone selling something similar.

Do any of you know of another spray mounter that could work? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Denise
Denise K. Kulhanek, PhD
Staff Scientist/Expedition Project Manager
International Ocean Discovery Program
Texas A&M University
1000 Discovery Drive
College Station, TX 77845-9547 USA