Listas de Correo
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Museo - UNLP

[coccoliths] Paleontological data collection software

Young, Jeremy jeremy.young at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 07:15:54 ART 2018

Hi Denise

Good to see this discussion - I confess I mostly use paper, pencil and excel - but one snippet for you is that Dave Lazarus (Berlin) has been working on a microfossil data input system called Raritas. There is a version on github (https://github.com/plannapus/Raritas) although you would probably need to an IT geek  to make any sense of it. In the context of your query I think this and related work he is doing on data-formatting for large scale databases is directly relevant and I'm sure he'd be happy to tell you all about it.

all the best
Jeremy