Listas de Correo
Facultad de Ciencias Naturales y Museo - UNLP

[coccoliths] Paleontological data collection software

David Watkins dwatkins1 at unl.edu
Tue Mar 27 18:42:29 ART 2018

Hi Denise,
I have used both Bugware and Stratabugs. Bugware is easy to learn and does most everything that one could want, including (and especially) importing other data files (e.g., NGR, L*) and forming reasonable charts. Stratabugs is expensive (>$5000 per year), hard(er) to learn, and has a tendency to produce charts that are unusable because of size. Since I would like to use the data I generate shipboard here in the lab (and for publication), I would prefer a program I can afford to keep up (i.e., Bugware).
I have not used any other products in many years.
Hope you are well and happy,
David